Visit my website at www.jeangdayton.com

Sunday 2 December 2007

Christmas Time


Taken from my Christmas newsletter

Our thoughts are turning to Christmas and the winter months ahead. I love this time of year as it has something truly magical to offer... The leaves on the trees have nearly all fallen now leaving a beautiful soft golden carpet for us to tread. There is an excited expectancy of what is around the corner and a gathering of our thoughts as we venture into the winter realms of nature.

This time of year always makes me think of snow and I think that is what inspired me to paint a series of winter scenes. ‘Timeless’ which depicts a tree lined country road covered in snow, you can almost feel the chill in the air and the snow crunching underfoot - I have painted ‘Timeless’ in an abstract style and have chosen cool colours of blue, soft purple, silver and white - it is quite an ethereal piece. ‘Drifting’ represents the true nature of snow and how it covers the landscape changing its shape & feel and that is what I have tried to capture in this piece - I have added more interest with a majestical sky of pinks and yellows.

I loved painting these pieces so much that I did a series of them, see below for the remainder of this series. They form the basis for my christmas greeting cards. Just click on the image to view more details about each painting.

Timeless Drifting

No comments: