Visit my website at www.jeangdayton.com

Wednesday 20 June 2007

The Abstract Artist - beginning of the week

Aqua
My abstract work is flowing at the moment. I wake up very early some mornings and inspiration comes to me, I get images in my head and sometimes have to get up and write down the information. Its normally colours that I see or shapes and how the colours relate to each other. I work very closely with my feelings and my spiritual guides and today I felt inspired to work with aqua, blues & greens....And this is the result, I am very pleased with the colours and the painting just flowed. Its an oil, I love the vibrancy of the colours, the picture doesn't do it justice, it really is one of those paintings you could just literally fall into and drift off somewhere relaxing! I have called it 'Aqua'. Its a massive 30" x 30" oil on chunky canvas.

A perfect day for painting as the sky is slightly cloudy so no glaring sun. My studio is south facing so sometimes the sun shines in too much making it difficult to paint. However today was a good day. I'd decided that this week was going to be a week crammed full of painting. I have commissions to do and paintings for my forthcoming exhibition at Highcliffe Castle, so I am very very busy. It's all good....

No comments: