Visit my website at www.jeangdayton.com

Thursday 28 June 2007

Flower Power

Petal

My offering for today is an abstract floral which was inspired by the falling petals from the flowers in my garden. Before I venture into my studio in the morning I quite often walk around my garden for inspiration (if its not raining!). I like to look at which flowers are blooming, which ones have made their descent into the ground again and the patterns the petals make when they fall on the grass.... I wanted this painting to be delicate and feminine yet bold and abstract too.

I underpainted in acrylics using various reds and one of my favourite W&N colours at the moment, Opera Rose, its quite like any other colour, a beautiful vivid pink. I then painted in oils in blends of deep burgundy reds, crimson, scarlet red and pink. The finished piece is quite striking and has a energy of its own - it is a 36" x 16" canvas.

I have recently made a few videos for Youtube to show my work and my art process. Not only do I paint abstracts, seascapes, florals I paint pet portraits and ACEO's too. ACEO's (Artists Cards Editions and Originals) miniature art. I was recently commissioned to paint a Beagle dog called Stanley, I have made a vid of this:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rUVuzLaH7k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh i love it!!!!!! I really love the colours!!!! hayley xxx