Visit my website at www.jeangdayton.com

Tuesday 14 October 2008

Resume

Jean’s portfolio of work is an eclectic mix of contemporary abstract paintings ranging from vibrant abstracts to roller-coaster yacht seascapes. Her work has a strong emphasis on the interaction of colour & flow and is largely influenced by nature with a firm interest in the sea. Often taking her Forest location, or the seashore at Lepe as inspiration for her work Jean loves the solitude of walking on the beach and derives great inspiration from the sea and shore.


“Being within nature is extremely important to me. I have realised that to enable me to really get into the depth and feeling of a painting, I need to experience how I feel when I’m within nature. I very often go for long walks on my own along the coast where I receive great inspiration from the intensity of the sea. I love observing how the sun plays with the sea creating a blanket of diamonds on the surface and how the wind whips up the waves as they crash to the shore, I just stand there taking it all in, the power and energy of the sea. I seem to be able to capture this essence and transpose this onto the canvas.”


Jean was recently commissioned by a UK design company to paint two large abstract yacht seascapes, featuring yachts in full sail, for the foyer at the Royal Yacht Hotel in St Helier, Jersey as part of a full refurbishment. Jean regularly exhibits her work in her home county of Hampshire and her work can be found in both private and corporate UK & International collections.

copyright © remains with the artist Jean G Dayton

No comments: