Visit my website at www.jeangdayton.com

Thursday 9 October 2008

To Ponder - this is ME

A little pondering.......


I have been pondering more on my work and how I work...It got me thinking.....does the observer of art understand and feel the meaning behind the artists work? I can only answer this one from the artists viewpoint; as an artist I bare my soul through my work, art to me is an expression of who I am and where I am in my life made up of my life experiences to that point, so as time progresses I grow and so does my art, so art for me is forever evolving and growing. I paint mainly through how I feel about visual images that I see and I then interpret that in my own unique way through colour and shape on the canvas. I thought I would share that one with you as a little insight into my way of painting.....


This is one of my favourite paintings in my collection, 'Pachamama' meaning Quechan for Mother Earth......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interpretation is so important in all matters of life particularly art and this amazes me time after time.
This painting featured in your article looks like taking an x-ray through the swell of a wave just before it crashes to the shore, with the sun beaming through the clear crystal water, glistening and cool. A snapshot of the beauty of nature.
It reminds me of my childhood holiday in Hawaii and hot summer days spent at my local beach in Sydney.
Interpretation allows creatives to produce beauty in all art forms thereby allowing others to truly see the artist's emotions. It's transparent, raw, honest, inspirational and admirable.
I love it.