Visit my website at www.jeangdayton.com

Friday 25 July 2008

Summer's Past

A Feeling of Summer's Past, Summer's Fun and Summer's Warmth

I was recently commissioned to paint a lovely beach scene with 2 sisters happily walking on the beach, with buckets swinging, not a care in the world..................... I have painted several paintings in my 'children on the beach' series of late, I thoroughly enjoy painting them as they take me back to my childhood and that's where my inspiration came from for these scenes..........many happy memories from holidays in Cornwall as a child. This is the completed piece of 2 sisters, its called 'Sisterly Fun' - it has a crisp freshness about it, you can almost feel the warmth of the sun and the sand inbetween your toes.

Enjoy!

It may take you back to years gone by or remind you of your children now. All the paintings in this series are painted in a very loose style, with the emphasis on flow.

'Sisterly Fun' - 10" x 14" oil on 4cm boxed canvas

For commissions please visit my site at http://www.jeangdayton.com/commissions.html

copyright of all images remains with the artist Jean G Dayton

No comments: